Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finally

Let me start by saying yes, finally, I am fully committing to abelladesigns.com. I feel obligated to thank those who kept politely asking "are you done yet" when they may have thought I had given up and knew I really needed a giant push. Amber, Corinne... you can quit asking!

I have worked as a graphic designer for the last 8 years and have had the opportunity to work in house, at an agency and under freelance contracts. Although I have been fortunate enough to love every one of my past jobs, I have always had the desire to be independent and to have more creative and executive control. The recent move to Bismarck has left me realizing that there is no better time to suck it up and get down to business. How can I fear failing when I am currently unemployed? Right?

I guess that leads me to a bigger thank you... Randy. Refraining from comment on the days when I seemingly accomplished nothing, reassuring me that you can handle the bills when I know there are some big items on your wish list, and most of all believing in my abilities. Thank you for allowing me to dream.

For those of you wondering what Abella Designs is all about, let me give a brief summary. Fresh. Focused. [Fun]ctional. My goal is to provide every client with original and creative work that allows their business to surpass the competition. Many people fail to realize the importance of design, but when you start to analyze every part of life you see that design is constantly influencing your decisions. You picked up a magazine in the store because something on the cover caught your eye, that's not a fluke. The color, size and placement of that text or graphic was intentionally put there by a designer to influence your decision to pick up the magazine. The same is true for any company, it's the good design that gets noticed. Please don't trust your company image to just anyone, affordable design is available and a qualified designer can be your most valuable asset for increasing sales. I always offer free consultations and work within your budget. There is no reason to have the secretary make another brochure that goes unnoticed.

Please stay tuned for future news from Abella Designs and let me know if there is a design topic you would like to hear about. laurie@abelladesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment